Náwah!– (Hello in the Pawnee Language)
This Gen-I Native Opportunities Weekly (NOW) message shares information about the Native American Career Success Academy and Gen-I Career Success Fellowship!
The Center for Native American Youth and Native American Finance Officers Association (NAFOA) have joined forces to bring the Native American Career Success Academy to Native youth across the country! NACSA is an online learning tool that teaches Native youth how to manage their money and prepares them to be successful in their careers.
Native youth who complete NACSA are then eligible to become one of twelve selected Gen-I Career Success Fellows who will help shape the program for future cohorts and join us for NAFOA’s annual spring conference in San Francisco. The NAFOA conference will include a one-day Gen-I Leadership Institute specifically designed for Fellows to put their NACSA skills into practice, meet leaders in the fields of business and finance, and share experiences that will advance their knowledge and careers.
The Gen-I Career Success Fellowship is a pilot program that has never been offered before. Don’t miss your chance to be part of the inaugural cohort of Fellows! Click here for more information.
- Youth must complete NACSA in order to be eligible for the Gen-I Career Success Fellowship and Leadership Institute in San Francisco. Click here to register.
- NACSA registration is open to Native youth between the ages of 18 and 24 years old.
To Apply for the Fellowship:
- Register to complete NACSA. NAFOA will send you login credentials to access CANVAS, your online NACSA classroom.
- Complete both NACSA modules online before February 10. Don’t worry – you can go at your own pace!
- CNAY and NAFOA will contact you with more information about the Fellowship selection process once you’ve finished your online courses.
All youth who finish NACSA will receive a certificate of completion that looks great on resumés!