As part of Generation Indigenous (Gen-I), the Center for Native American Youth (CNAY) and the Native American Finance Officers Association (NAFOA) have developed the first-ever Gen-I Career Success Fellowship. The fellowship is designed to create successful career pathways for Native youth through online skill-building, leadership development, promoting local civic engagement, and facilitating direct connections with potential employers.
To become a Gen-I Career Success Fellow, you must first participate in the Native American Career Success Academy (NACSA), a FREE online-based career leadership program exclusively for Native American youth. It consists of two modules:
- Personal Finance, which includes tips and tools for managing your money; and
- Career Readiness, designed to help you plan and prepare for your career.
This year’s program will culminate with up to 12 youth participating in a special leadership summit and youth track at NAFOA’s annual conference in San Francisco, April 24-25. Click to learn more about NACSA.
Who Can Participate?
NACSA and the Gen-I Fellowship are open to Native American youth between the ages of 18 and 24 years old.
That’s me! How do I get started?
- First, complete the registration form.
- Then, keep an eye on your email. NAFOA will send you login info to access the NACSA modules and get started on the first of two online courses.
- Complete the NACSA modules at your own pace, but remember — you must complete them both by February 10!
After you’ve finished your online courses, we’ll be in touch with you about the opportunity to join us as a Gen-I Career Success Fellow at the Gen-I Leadership Institute in San Francisco. You will also receive a certificate of completion, which looks great on resumés!
If you have any questions along the way, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to working with you!