Keshhi — (Hello in the Zuni Pueblo Language)!
This Gen-I Native Opportunities Weekly (NOW) message shares information about Teach to Lead‘s Inclusion, Equity, and Opportunity Summit!
The Inclusion, Equity, and Opportunity Summit will bring teachers, leaders and other stakeholders together to incubate their ideas for combating inequity and fighting for social justice on behalf of students. Teach to Lead is calling for educators to submit ideas that tackle student issues related to race/ethnicity, national origin, socioeconomic status, disability, sexual identity, gender, religion and more.
Idea submissions will be peer-reviewed by a panel of educators. Space is limited to approximately 25 teams, and each team must cover their own travel costs to and from the summit. Selected teams will receive free summit registration, lodging support and outstanding networking opportunities.
The deadline for submissions is 11:59 PM Eastern Time on Wednesday, October 26, 2016.
- Have an actionable teacher leadership idea that addresses the theme of “inclusion, equity, and opportunity.”
- Commit to attending the summit as part of a team of 2-5 members. The team must include at least one practicing classroom teacher. Other key stakeholders (e.g., parents, students, other school staff, community members, and local school and government officials) are also encouraged.
- Secure funding for travel to and from the summit (or secure sponsorship).
- Commit to implementing your action plan following the summit.
- Commit to attending the entire summit, December 2-4, 2016. (The Summit begins with a reception Friday evening and concludes by 12:30pm Sunday).
Click here for a complete list of submission requirements and topic suggestions.
Winning applicants will:
- Develop their ideas for combating inequity into a complete plan for moving forward
- Obtain the support of a dedicated “critical friend” to advance your work
- Build relationships with the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, National Board, United States Department of Education and many other supporting organizations
- Receive free summit registration, hotel accommodations for two nights or parking, and some on-site meals.
For more information or to submit your idea, visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ChicagoTeachtoLead.