Applications for each of the (4) programs are due 4/19/2016. The 2016 cohort will officially begin 9/1/2016.
Please visit the following link for more information about (4) new Change Leaders Programs, funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation: http://www.rwjf.org/changeleaders
- Health Policy Research Scholars is for first- and second-year doctoral scholars from underrepresented communities. They will receive dissertation support, research training and skill building in health policy, health equity and population health; participate in leadership development trainings; and establish and strengthen professional ties to public health and industry leaders. The program is led by Johns Hopkins University.
- Interdisciplinary Research Leaders will apply research to spur on-the-ground change. Twenty research teams of at least three people, including two researchers from different disciplines and backgrounds plus a community leader or organization, will collaborate on solutions to entrenched problems. The program is led by the University of Minnesota.
- Culture of Health Leaders will engage professionals to create cross-discipline, collaborative solutions to health inequities. The program will place particular emphasis on cooperation, inspiring communities, and influencing local and national conversations. Participants will represent diverse disciplines such as education, transportation, technology, public health and public policy, business, health care, community development and urban planning. The program is led by the National Collaborative for Health Equity.
- Clinical Scholars participants will be clinically active health care providers who have attained the highest possible degree in their field. Most will work in inter-professional teams of three to five members—for example, nurses, physicians, pharmacists and more. The program will also accept several individual applicants. The program is led by the University of North Carolina.
Upcoming informational webinars (see http://www.rwjf.org/changeleaders for program-specific webinar login info):
- 3/1, Culture of Health Leaders – 2:00-3:00pm ET
- 3/3, Health Policy Research Scholars – 12:00-1:00pm ET
- 3/16, Interdisciplinary Research Scholars – 3:00-4:00pm ET
- 3/21, Clinical Scholars – March 21; 12:00-1:30pm ET