Ha áhe! (“Hello!” in the Cheyenne language)
This NOW message shares information about the 2016 Four Directions Summer Research Program at Harvard!
The Four Directions Summer Research Program (FDSRP) is an exciting summer research opportunity provided by Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH). This 8-week program is for undergraduate students who have a commitment to the health of Native American communities and demonstrate motivation to achieve the highest goals possible. It is designed to engage participants in basic science or translational research projects under the supervision of Harvard Medical School faculty advisors.
All applications and supporting materials must be received by Monday, February 8, 2016.
ELIGIBILITY: The program application does not require transcripts or previous research experience. However, applicants must:
- Complete a minimum 1 year of undergraduate studies in a 4-year undergraduate degree program prior to beginning the program (June 2016)
- Show a demonstrated interest in careers in medicine, public health, or biomedical sciences
- Have completed 1 introductory science course (can include biology or chemistry)
- Be a US citizen or non-citizen national with a permanent residence visa
- Not plan on taking the August MCAT (the time constraints of the program do not allow adequate time for studying for this important exam)
- Provide proof of health insurance coverage
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
- Two essays (each no more than 250 words in length). Click here to explore the essay prompts.
- One Applicant Photo (2in x 2in, .jpg, less than 1MB)
- Two Recommendation Letters
FDSRP covers students’ travel costs to and from Boston, provides housing free of charge, and provides a living stipend for the summer. At the end of the program, students share their research findings during a final research presentation day. Students also receive career development training, meet faculty from across the hospital and medical school, and participate in a variety of social networking events.
- Complete an online application here (including essays and other applicant information pertinent to the program)
- Identify, list and contact two recommenders. Recommendation letters may be submitted through the following methods and must be received by February 8.
- Fax: (617) 264-5110
- Email: FourDirections@partners.org (Letters of Recommendation may be emailed ONLY by the letter writer)
- Postal Mail: Four Directions Summer Research Program
1620 Tremont Street, 3-014
Boston, MA, 02120