Howa! — (Hello in the Osage Language)
This message contains information about the Gates Millennium Scholars Program! The goal of the GMS program is to promote academic excellence and to provide an opportunity for outstanding minority students with significant financial need to reach their highest potential.
To apply, follow the guidelines below and submit your application by 12:00PM ET on January 13, 2016.
To Be Eligible, Applicants Must:
- Identify as *American Indian/Alaska Native, African American, Asian American/Pacific Islander or Hispanic American. *Note: AI/AN finalists will be asked to provide proof of enrollment in a state or federally recognized American Indian tribe or documentation of descendancy. Click here for more information.
- Be citizens, legal permanent residents or nationals of the United States;
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 on an unweighted 4.0 scale or have earned a GED;
- Have demonstrated leadership through participation in community service, extracurricular or other activities;
- Meet Federal Pell Grant eligibility criteria;
- Enroll for the first time at a U.S. located , accredited college or university (with the exception of students concurrently pursuing a high school diploma) in the fall as a full-time, degree-seeking first year student.
A Complete Application Includes:
- Completion of a general application describing held leadership roles, individual academic experience, extracurricular activities and more;
- Completion of 8 essays;
- A Nominator Form (an evaluation of the student’s academic record); and
- A Recommender Form (an evaluation of the student’s community service and leadership activities).
Click here to preview the GMSP application.
Awarded Applicants will Receive:
- Support for the cost of education by covering unmet need and self-help aid;
- Renewable awards for Gates Millennium Scholars who maintain satisfactory academic progress;
- Graduate school funding for continuing Gates Millennium Scholars in the areas of computer science, education, engineering, library science, mathematics, public health or science; and
- Leadership development programs that support personal, academic and professional growth.
Click here to register online and start your application!
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JANUARY 13, 2016 – 12PM EASTERN TIME