Halito — (Hello in the Choctaw Language)
This Message contains information about: The First Nations Development Institute’s Native Agriculture & Food Systems Scholarship Program.
The purpose of the Native Agriculture and Food Systems Scholarship Program is to encourage more Native college students to enter agriculture and agriculture-related fields of study so that they can better assist their communities in building sustainable and robust food programs.
- Applicants must be full-time undergraduate or graduate students majoring in agriculture or an agricultural-related field, including food systems. (Full List of Eligible Majors on Website).
- Applicants must be Native American (enrolled member of a current or terminated federal/state tribe) and able to provide documentation.
- Applicants must have at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to helping his/her community reclaim local food-system control.
- Online application
- Proof of tribal enrollment
- Enrollment verification form
- Unofficial transcript
- Letter of recommendation from faculty member
- Essay (250-500 words) – Addressing how you will use your degree to help your community reclaim control of their local/traditional food system, and how you plan to spend the scholarship money
- Headshot for use in FNDI publicity (optional)
Application Deadline: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 @ 5pm MST
Award: $1,000 annual scholarship
For more information please contact: