Do you have an idea to fulfill a need in your community? Consider applying to the State Giving Program by Walmart! From September 14th to september 18th, you can apply for a giving grant ranging from $25,000 to $250,000 . Guidelines for the program include:
- Organizations must have a current tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code to apply. Organizations must be listed in the most current IRS 50 State Master File at the time the application is submitted and if approved, at the time the grant is awarded.
- The minimum amount that can be requested is $25,000. The maximum is $250,000. The average grant size is $40,000.
- Grant applications are not eligible if they:
a) Include a request for more than 10% of the organization’s overhead or indirect costs;
b) Exceed 25% of the organization’s annual operating budget for the most recent fiscal year;
c) Plan to use funds that will be managed or used outside the state for which they are applying;
d) Include or request multi-year programs or commitments; or
e) Include a request to fund personnel expenses of more than 50% for any single program-related position.
- Organizations must be requesting support for programs that serve unmet needs of low-income, underserved populations within the state or region for which they are applying. Note: Grants to Washington, D.C. organizations may serve the greater Washington metro area.
- Organizations may receive only one grant per state per calendar year. Nonprofit organizations, including national organizations applying on behalf of their affiliates serving more than one state, must apply in each state for locally specific work. Generic applications submitted to multiple states will not be considered.
As an example of a previous grant winner, Walmart awarded $25,000 to Adopt a Native Elder who provided food boxes to 2,610 people on the Navajo reservation in Navajo, Apache and Coconino counties. For more information, click here!