The Tribal Evaluation Institute (TEI), a firm specializing in evaluations of national health and human services programs, seeks a Research Associate to support technical assistance on evaluation to Native American communities that have received Federal home visitation grants.
TEI evaluates initiatives that serve American Indian and Alaska Native (AI/AN) children and families through the Tribal Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting program and ethically translates and disseminates evaluation findings derived from research with AI/AN to external audiences. TEI staffing reflects understanding and sensitivity regarding issues of conducting an evaluation in a tribal setting, and includes researchers who have a history of working with AI/AN communities on the evaluation of home visiting.
A minimum of a Master’s degree with at least two years’ experience working collaboratively with tribal communities in an evaluation or research capacity
- Experience with home visitation programs
- Experience with rigorous evaluation, research methods, data systems and performance measurement
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to collaborate and build strong working relationships with others
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
*Exceptional candidates will have substantive knowledge of community based participatory research processes and the use of applied research methods in tribal communities.
- Serving as a liaison to tribes, tribal organizations and urban Indian organizations
- Providing technical assistance on developing quantitative benchmark plans
- Planning for and conducting rigorous evaluations
- Data collection, management and analysis
- Continuous quality improvement.
- Developing technical assistance resource materials, contributing to technical reports and collecting and analyzing qualitative data. Candidate will also support other home visitation or child and family development projects.
This position may either be in the Arlington, VA office or in another location by telecommuting. Some U.S. travel is required.
If interested, send resume and cover letter by December 15, 2014, with salary requirements to:
by mail at 3033 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 650, Arlington, VA 22201
or send via Fax: 703-243-3017.
The Tribal Evaluation Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.