CNAY’s Physical Activity, Sport and Wellness contest deadline has been extended to April 18 and is now open to Native youth ages 15-24 years old.
CNAY invites you to submit your inspirational story about how your involvement
in fitness, physical activity, recreation and sport has changed your life. What
personal obstacles have you overcome to be a more healthy and active? Has being on a sports team given you more confidence? We want to hear your story!
Through our partnerships with the N7 Fund, a company dedicated to
bringing sport and all of its benefits to Native American and Aboriginal
communities in the United States and Canada, we want to gather and elevate
stories of success that incorporate physical activities and sport to combat
significant challenges faced by Native youth. This contest is open to all Native youth ages 15-24 years old. You may submit your stories in video and/or
written form; the top three inspirational stories will receive the following
- 1st place: a Signed Jacoby Ellsbury Red Sox Jersey
- 2nd place: Nike N7 bag and $50 Visa gift card
- 3rd place: Nike N7 bag and a $25 Visa gift card
- Written entries should be a minimum of 200 words.
- We encourage you to have someone proofread your essay before
- Video entries should be a minimum of 1 minute.
- The title of your entry must should the word for sport, physical
activity, or a type of healthy activity in your traditional language (Example:
sport is Jooł, Navajo).
- If there isn’t a word in your language or you can’t find it, title your
entry something creative.
- You may include an action photo of yourself participating in a physical
activity or playing the sport you love, but this is not required.
Questions to consider for your submission (these should help you think of things to write):
- What are the challenges that currently face the Native youth in your
- How has participating in fitness, physical activity, recreation and/or
sport positively changed your life?
- How has participation in fitness, physical activity, recreation and
sport helped to steer you away from negative influences?
- What activities have you participated in because of your involvement
with fitness, physical activity, recreation and sport? (Example: competitions,
community service activities, conferences)?
- What encouraging words would you offer to your peers who are thinking
of using physical activity, fitness and/or sport to overcome similar challenges
Submissions should be submitted online via:
Application Deadline: Midnight (EST) on April 18, 2014.