There’s still time to register!
The National Indian Health Board, Healthy Native Communities Partnership (HNCP), and United National Indian Tribal Youth (UNITY) invites Native youth from around the country to join the Native Youth Track at NIHB’s 29th Annual Consumer Conference (ACC) to involve Native youth in the national discussion on American Indian and Alaska Native (AI/AN) health and wellness.
This track will assist youth in telling their story of health and wellness in their community using Digital Media and Storytelling. This track will support the Native Youth Healthcare Advisory Council to assist the NIHB and other partners in developing youth-guided strategies for suicide and obesity prevention.
When: September 23-25, 2012
Where: Denver Sheraton Downtown * Denver, Colorado
Who: Native Youth, aged 13-17 with chaperones
Native Youth Track Goals:
- To honor youth and their ability to transform our communities in a positive way,
- To raise the profile of the youth health disparities in American Indian/Alaska Native communities,
- To establish a Native Youth Health Advisory Council to assist the NIHB and other partners in developing youth-guided strategies for suicide and obesity prevention, and
- Native Youth Workshops on Suicide and Obesity prevention
- To provide youth the knowledge and skills to achieve healthy and balanced lives.
Digital Story Workshops and Video Creation • Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Information • Free Giveaways • Native Youth Track Film Festival
You can also contact NIHB at 202-507-4070 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.